Sunday, November 2, 2008

No longer a tween...


Wow, to think that thirteen years ago, yesterday, I was in the hospital anxiously awaiting our ke'Ola, "first breath of life". Oh how time has flown by! It amazes me that the sweet baby I held in my arms is now almost as tall as me and can hold me in her arms...almost! She still loves pretty things, singing, dancing, and laughing until her stomach hurts. Some things never change. The new desire for make-up, pretty hair, and boyfriends is new though! Well...at least the boy thing is new!


What a beautiful, smart, talented, spiritual girl she has grown up to be. She keeps me laughing, causes me worry, challenges me constantly, makes me cry with her singing, and astounds me with her wisdom. I am so blessed to have Keola in my life. I am so thankful that Keo was sent to us, to care for, and nurture. What an amazing blessing came into our lives thirteen years ago.


Thank you, ke'Ola, for choosing us! "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!" Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

3 comments:

Maile said...

Well I am not supposed to cry! Our Keo is growing up, well she isn't mine but I fell like she is kind of, as both or your girls are. I love that picture of her, tis one of my favs!
Happy Birthday, I will love you forever, like you for always. . . too, I am allowed!
Big hugs and kisses!!!

Maile said...

Oh, I was also going to say how much this picture reminds me of my Lani! Crazy cousies!

Amber said...

happy late bday!!! **sniff** you are all grown up now.